Emily Roach
I have always wanted to be a columnist. My dad loved Lewis Grizzard, and I read his columns with him as soon as I learned to read two-syllable words. Then he died, but I still read his books.
I always wished I could be the modern day girl version of Lewis. Since I haven't made much time to write, no one has called to request my services, which include and are mostly limited to, unrelated thoughts and sometimes clever, possibly even sarcastic observations.
So- here goes. A blog. Today's column.
All my friends are doing it. I can't promise the artistic or creative sites that they do, but I do fancy myself a bit of a wordsmith. Being a stay-at-home mom has created an interesting dynamic for me- I have these "thoughts," or as Lewis might have called them, nuggets for a column, and no one to share them with (Abbie and Drew just might not get my humor). So I amuse myself, and sometimes my friends who call or drop by- Most of which have learned that neither will be quick due to my need for adult interaction. They love me anyway.
I look forward to sharing my random ponderings here. I think we will have fun.
2 Responses
  1. Faye Brown Says:

    Dear Emily, I am Carianne's Mom. I, too, loved Lewis Grizzard. His southern humor was both wholesome and hilarious. I look forward to reading your blog. Use it as a way to express your inner "comedian." I also am a frustrated comic whose only audience is my ladies Sunday School class. I try out my attempt at humor on them each Sunday. Amazingly they keep coming back. Love, Faye Brown


  2. JanisLyn Says:

    I liked Lewis Grizzard too ---and your blog space is very nice Emily. Keep it up.